"They gave their money and they gave their screams, Fifty years later, I can still hear their screams ringing in my ears."
Today I did something that I’ve been wanting to do for years. I finally cut my hair. My hair has always been long and I’ve grown to use it as a security blanket to cover my face,all my insecurities. I know it sounds super weird but even though I only cut 2 or 3 inches of my hair off, I feel so much lighter (metaphorically and literally). Hopefully this haircut could possibly signify a new moi?
In his study of male serial killers, psychologist Eric Hickey determined that 40 percent of serial killers targeted females exclusively. At least 37 percent targeted both sexes, while 22 percent chose males as their victims. Michael Newton, looking at victims of serial murder, determined that 65 percent were female and 35 percent male. Of serial killers specifically targeting men, 42 percent were homosexual, while the other 58 percent represented female killers, revenge killings, hospital murders, and “thrill” murders. In profiling victims, Hickey maintains that between 11 and 13 percent of victims were at “high risk”: they were hitchhiking, were prostitutes, worked alone as store clerks, were driving a taxicab, or were in a car breakdown when approached by their killer. This suggests that more than two-thirds of victims were unsuspecting of any imminent threat, did not facilitate their deaths, and were essentially at the right place at the wrong time. Sixteen percent of identified serial killer victims knew their killer as a friend, casual acquaintance, neighbour, or co-worker. Three percent were related to the killer by blood or marriage, of which 49 percent were children murdered by their mother or father; 13 percent were spouses; 10 percent were parents murdered by their child; and 28 percent were an assortment of grandparents, siblings, uncles, aunts, cousins, in-laws, nieces, and nephews. The remaining 68 percent in Hickey’s study were killed by strangers.
Wayne: My son is Eric Harris, and I’m afraid he might be involved in the Shooting at Columbine High School
Dispatcher: Involved how?
Wayne: Uh he’s a member of what they’re calling The Trench Coat Mafia
Dispatcher: Have you spoken with your son today Mr Harris?
Wayne: No I haven’t! Have they picked up anybody yet or..?
Dispatcher: Their still looking for suspects..Your son is with who, what gang?
Wayne: Well they’re calling them the Trench Coat Mafia.. I just heard that term on TV
Marilyn in 1947.